CIGNA Medicare Rx® Plans 2011
What is CIGNA Medicare Rx?
- CIGNA Medicare Rx plans are stand-alone Part D prescription drug plans, with closed formularies, under contract with Medicare to provide the Medicare prescription drug benefit.
- CIGNA Medicare Rx plans are approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- As long as the individual is entitled to Medicare Part A and/or is enrolled in Medicare Part B, he or she can enroll in a Part D Prescription Drug Plan.
- The individual also must reside in the service area of the plan. CIGNA provides coverage in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Once enrolled in a plan, coverage is provided nationwide.
CIGNA Medicare Rx is offered to both Individual consumers and Employer/Union groups.
- For Individual consumers, CIGNA offers 2 pharmacy plans with varying levels of coverage. There are plans with no deductible, low premiums, coverage in the coverage gap (donut hole) and $0 copay for select generics for common conditions.
- A lower premium pharmacy plan with low copays for most drugs to provide predictable pharmacy costs after the deductible is met. Provides broad drug coverage, many generic drugs with a very low copay and "standard" gap coverage.
- Plan Two: A moderate premium plan with expanded drug coverage and the greatest potential for predictable out-of-pocket costs. No deductible and $0 copay for some generics (includes medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol and thyroid therapy). In addition, low copays for other generics and preferred brand drugs. In the coverage gap, there is a $0 copay for some generics and the "standard"1 gap coverage for other covered Part D drugs.
- For Employer/Union groups, there is more flexibility in plan design. Plans can be customized; including setting or waiving the deductible, flexibility in copay and/or coinsurance levels, providing coverage through the Coverage Gap, including drugs that are not offered by Medicare Part D and waiving utilization edits. Overall, the plan must be considered credible (equal to or better than Medicare standard). Also, Employer/Union groups may elect to couple the CIGNA Medicare Rx plan with one of our CIGNA medical plan offerings to provide comprehensive coverage for their plan members.
- There are also lots of free discounts and extras that can help the individual stay focused on staying healthy.
- We help the doctor and patient find lower cost alternatives to brand-name and maintenance drugs. Our clinical management programs alert both the doctor and patient to potential drug interactions, multiple prescriptions, and lower cost generic alternatives.
- CIGNA Medicare Rx plans covers up to 96% of the most commonly used drugs used by Medicare individuals depending upon the plan chosen (CIGNA Medicare Rx Plan Two-95% and our Employer/Union Groups -96%)
- CIGNA Medicare Rx ID cards will have the CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) logo on both individual consumer and employer group ID Cards.
- Available 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, local time, 7 days per week.
- Phone Number: 1-800-222-6700
- Website: www.cignamedicarerx.com<
- Available 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, local time, Monday through Friday (Between November 15 and March 1, we are also open Saturday and Sunday.)
- Phone Number: 1-800-558-9562